Wednesday 6 July 2011

School sports day or get your hair done?

I had a tricky choice today, sports day or get my hair done?  Yes you guessed it, getting my hair done won!  I get my roots done every 8 weeks and I don't work on a Wednesday, which is my one day to get all my bits and bobs done.  Being a bleach blonde my roots need doing and I feel like a new woman when my hair is done, I love it. 

I did contemplate not going to the hairdressers until my boss told me she went to her Son's sports day and said they sat around for 4 hours and saw them in 2 races.  My question to her that sold it to me was, "Would you do it again,", she immediately retorted with, "No,".  That was all I needed to know.  It was touch and go whether it was on as it was raining intermitently.  I thought if I cancel it then it rains, the blasted sports day will be moved to next Wednesday when I have rebooked it.  Another 2 weeks on my roots!  If I left it that long I would get heckled in the Street and people would give me money thinking I sell the big issue, get my drift.  Okay I am exagerating a bit.  My friends thought it was hillarious that I was sacking sports day for my hair.

I went last year and had a lovely afternoon.  It was sunny and only lasted for an hour.  This year it started at 9.15 and went on until 1.30.  Mmmmm sitting around a school field for 4 hours with a bored 4 year old was not appealing.

I know one of the Mum's has branded me a bad Mother for not doing all that ra ra stuff, but the fact of the matter is she does not work and has no concept of having to juggle and squeeze everything in.  Any way I have nothing to prove to her or anyone else.

I turned up for the last hour after it had finished.  My friends said I had the right idea and it was too much sittting about and other than watching their children race it was dull and that they said they would not go next year.  None of the Dad's could go as it went on too long.  The children came out to have a picinic when it had finished but unfortunately it started raining, so we left.  My Daughter is none the wiser that I did not see her race and thinks I saw it all?  Great result for me and my hair looks great!

Our headmaster always asks for feedback, but as I did not go, I could not really comment!

6 comments:

  1. Haha hair would have probably won in my case too! Found you via Brit Mums, am now following, and looking forward to reading more. If you fancy taking a look at mine I am at www.mummydaddyandmemakesthree.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol your post really made me laugh I would do the same x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could have said that the colour turned out really nicely? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friends are still going on about my sleuth like sports day. They were bored ridged for 4 hours.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny post! If you get a mo please take a peek at http://stayathomedaddyfor2.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Reza. I will come and visit you soon. I am having some internet connectivity change over provider problems at the mo!
    T

    ReplyDelete